Tuesday, January 27, 2015

February Meeting

I hope you had a great break and are ready for some awesome Perth .NET speakers. We have two lined up for February 5th: 

From Business Solutions to Game Development in .NET
Mark Mennell will talk about the path from everyday development for businesses to developing games in .NET; the differences (and similarities); how to get started; what is out there in terms of libraries, frameworks, engines etc.; and putting it altogether to make a game!

Mark's Bio: I have been developing .NET applications for almost 10 years, I joined the Gnomic team start for 2013 for their new game www.squareheroes.com for PC and consoles. Initially I worked on net code to enable online multiplayer in the game. I have written a .NET library for games (or any application requiring small frequent messages), FalconUDP: https://github.com/markmnl/FalconUDP. On top of this I wrote a partial implementation of Microsoft.Xna.Framework Net and GamerServices namespaces for use by the game. Since then I have been involved code all over the game. I am the author of “Making Fast-Paced Multiplayer Networked Games is Hard” on Gamasutra: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/MarkMennell/20140929/226628/

We'll also have a session from Joe Albahari talking about the LINQPad Debugger (and about debuggers in general).

What: Game Development and Debuggers with Mark Mennell and Joe Albahari
When: Thursday, February 5th 2015, 5:30pm
Where: Level 1, BankWest Place, 300 Murray Street
Cost: Free. 

Tell your friends. Tell your enemies. Tell those about whom you feel mildly indifferent.
I'll see you on the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment